Martha Hincapié Ch's Page
- Do you want this account to represent:
- First Name (Required: even if you are representing an organization you must use your name)
- Last Name (Family Name)
- Hincapié Ch
- About Me (human/individual)/interests, work..short bio/ THis is the most important. It is the only way to know that you are not a SPAMBOT!Be generous!
- Studied Dance in her homecountry Colombia, in Argentina and in Cuba. She finished her studies in Dance, SoloDance and Media at the Folkwang Hochschule Essen under the guidance of Pina Bausch.
As a dancer she worked for the Wuppertal Dance Theatre, the Münster State Theatre, the Schauspielhaus Bochum, and the Aachen Theatre and performed in various independent productions.
Her own creations have been invited to Festivals in Paris, Zagreb, Roma, Arnheim, Bogota, Medellín, Cali, Bucaramanga, Berlin, Aachen, Erlangen, Hamburg, Essen and Wuppertal. She has been awarded with several prizes and scholarships.
Her creation, “Autorretrato con Máscara - Self Portrait with Mask'' was realized with the support of the Spanish Foundation IBERESCENA and obtained the Prize of the Audience at the Festival 100° in Berlin, Sophiensaele 2009.
After various teaching experiences in Colombia, Martha started working in 2008 as assistant choreographer in Community Dance projects for Josef Eder and Royston Maldoom, among others with the Berliner Philarmoniker and with Street Kids at the National Theatre Bucarest. She works also with the project TanzZeit – Dance in Schools.
Together with Jan Viethen she founded the colombian-german group PERIFERIC.
Martha lives and works in Germany and Colombia.
- Personal/professional Website:
- Occupation ( maximum of three):
- Movement artist(dancer/interdisciplinary performer), Stage director (choreographer/ theater director), Video and film (screen-dance)
- English is the main language of this site, but let us know which language you would use in this network besides English:
- Spanish, German
Martha Hincapié Ch's Photos
Martha Hincapié Ch's Videos