MAQAMAT DANCE THEATRE's Page
- Joining date:
- October 3, 2011
- Do you want this account to represent:
- If you are representing an organization, what is the name of the organization:
- Maqamat Dance Theatre
- If you are representing an organization, what kind of organization?
- Company, Presenter, Festival, Artists Services, Producer, Education
- First Name (Required: even if you are representing an organization you must use your name)
- Last Name (Family Name)
- About Me (human/individual)/interests, work..short bio/ THis is the most important. It is the only way to know that you are not a SPAMBOT!Be generous!
- Maqamat is a Lebanese contemporary dance company that was founded by Omar Rajeh in 2002 in Beirut. The
company has been able, in a very short period of time, to emerge as a functional organization in the
creation and development of contemporary dance in Lebanon and the region. It has presented
works that were favourably received by both critics and public and was considered by Nazih Khater,
the well- known critic from Annahar Newspaper as:
“…the founder of a Lebanese contemporary dance theatre scene.”
Annahar, January 12, 2002
Since 2002 the company has created ten dance performances that toured internationally.
In addition to the creative work, Maqamat, together with a network of international and regional
partners, focuses on building an infrastructure for contemporary dance in Beirut and the region.
Projects such as “BIPOD- Beirut International Platform of Dance”, “ Leymoun”, “ The Arab Dance
Platform”, “ Maqamat Dance Studio”, and “Takween-Beirut contemporary dance school”, aim at encouraging cultural exchange of the dance knowledge and experience, building capacities for young artists through training, development of their dance-technique, physical abilities, performance skills, and creativity, stimulation of international debate and intercultural dialogue, and finally strengthening the socio-cultural and artistic understandings for better
exchange and well-balanced collaborations.
- Personal/professional Website:
- Occupation ( maximum of three):
- Producers (art venues/ festivals/ residencies)
- which other:
- Movement artist
- Organization Website:
- English is the main language of this site, but let us know which language you would use in this network besides English:
MAQAMAT DANCE THEATRE's Photos
MAQAMAT DANCE THEATRE's Videos