art | embodiment | cognition | networks | post-humanism | crypto
You will need:
1. Two laptops (one to send and one to receive). One is Ok but it may get very slow.
2. A webcam (the camera in the computer that’s used for skypping is enough, or you can input from a separate camera. Webcams are simpler and recommended.)
3. High-speed internet access (in other words, not a dial-up modem)
4. Someone capable of setting it up and testing it prior to the date of the Global Underscore What will happen: You will establish a free individual video broadcast channel (on the ustream platform: www.ustream.tv/about) that will be aggregated (collected, gathered together) with other Global Underscore video streams by Marlon Barrios Solano on his dance-tech.net website.
Steps to set up your video stream:
1. Join dance-tech.net as an individual or an organization. It is free (ignore the “donate” prompt, you can enter $0.0; or donate to the good cause!).
After joining dance-tech.net, you must join the Global Underscore 2012 “Group.”
This will be the gathering place for our digital Global Underscore inter-activities (live blog, full site list, video stream links, etc.)
Suggestion: Be sure to do this well in advance!
If you have problems with this, contact Marlon Barrios Solano directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Create a channel for video streaming with USTREAM. It is free.
Go to these links for instructions.
http://www.ustream.tv/get-started Help center:
Name your channel as follows: gus2012_(your site’s location).
For example: “gus2012_nyc” or “gus2012_chichester,” etc.
3. Test if you can broadcast.
Start broadcasting and ask a friend to go on the ustream site and check if they can see you! You can also test by clicking on the title of your channel at the top left corner of the broadcast window. This opens a new window where your live broadcast will show up.
Test the recording function:
The system is able to record directly to the server what is being broadcast.
This is the help page:
Suggestion: If you want to record (and you are comfortable starting and ending the recording function without too much distraction) try recording at any of these three times:
The recorded material will show on your channel page then we arrange with Marlon Barrios Solano for gathering it.
4. Then we need to send the URL of your USTREAM channel to email@example.com
He will link or embed it in pages created on dance-tech.net.
You can see some no some inside the group.
5. After you have created and embedded the channel, be sure that you join the Global Underscore 2012 Group in dance-tech.net.
You will ﬁnd the Global Underscore 2012 “Group” in the group section. (There’s a tab for it in the top menu bar.) This is the url:
If you have any tech questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: dance-tech.net is free but it is a donation based platform. Input $0.00 if you don't want to donate. The system will let you in.
Embeding for Rio de Janeiro: <iframe width="480" height="296" src="http://www.ustream.tv/embed/11339529?ub=234900&lc=4E9E00&oc=ffffff&uc=ffffff" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border: 0px none transparent;"> </iframe> <br /><a href="http://www.ustream.tv/" style="padding: 2px 0px 4px; width: 400px; background: #ffffff; display: block; color: #000000; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: underline; text-align: center;" target="_blank">Streaming by Ustream</a>
© 2023 Created by Marlon Barrios Solano. Powered by
You need to be a member of GLOBAL UNDERSCORE 2012 to add comments!