art | embodiment | cognition | networks | post-humanism | crypto
Time: July 16, 2011 from 8pm to 9pm
Location: Fridge Gallery
Street: C Bloc, 23-27 Kensington Av., Petone
City/Town: Wellington, New Zealand
Website or Map: http://slurl.com/secondlife/…
Event Type: mixed, reality, participatory, performance, environment
Organized By: isabel valverde and Todd Cochrane
Latest Activity: Jul 14, 2011
Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)
Mixed Reality Participatory Performance Environment
By Todd Cochrane and Isabel Valverde
Times: JULY 16 1-2 AM (SLT) 9-10 AM (GMT/BST) 8-9 PM (NZT)
Physical site: Fridge Gallery
Wellington Institute of Technology, C Bloc
23-27 Kensington Av., Petone, New Zealand
Second Life site: Odyssey Gallery, SLURL:
(Please, download Second Life application and get an Avatar)
Odyssey Blog: http://odysseysimulator.blogspot.com/2011/07/2011-odyssey-performance-art-festival_05.html
Senses Places Blog: http://sensesplaces.wordpress.com/
WelTec, Wellington Institute of Technology, NZ
FCT, Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, MCTES, PT
IHSIS, Institute of Humane Studies and Intelligent Sciences
SENSES PLACES is about kinesthetic/synesthetic cross-cultural improvisations amongst physical bodies, and physical bodies and avatars. Keyboard-free alternative modes of whole body multimodal interfacing is enabled by video livestream into SL of participants at Betone, NZ, plus Web 2 Webcam and Wiimote© devices (software objects to be shared) for physical and remote participants.
Senses Places continues the ongoing experimental dance-technology collaborative research work from Real Virtual Games, Under the Weather, and Weathering In, towards critically expanding kinesthetic/synesthetic perceptions and communication, engaging physical and physical-virtual Contact and Somatic Movement based Improvisation, Sound, and body-environment climate interactions.
We focus on challenging choreographic/designed/dev ised relationships amongst participants, with mediated doubles (video image and/or avatar), and aspects of the mixed reality responsive environment, which benefit, enrich, and bringing agency to embodied subjects and communities within a post-human condition.
We are interested in:
- How are we differently affected by interacting with our avatars while seated at the desktop, and/or by actually moving/dancing with them?
- How can body-avatar embodied experiences challenge subjective, inter-subjective/social and cultural mixed-reality presence and mobility, instead of substituting or instrumentalizing the physical by the virtual embodiment?
- How can a somatic cross-cultural dance approach allied to the new technological potential mean a overall mentality and paradigm shift?
* * * ANYONE IS WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE * * *
* * * * * * * * * * COME ON IN * * * * * * * * * * *
© 2023 Created by Marlon Barrios Solano. Powered by
RSVP for SENSES PLACES @ Fridge Gallery & Odyssey Gallery/Performance Art Festival to add comments!