art | embodiment | cognition | networks | post-humanism | crypto
Deadline: July 14th, 2021 +++extended!+++
Festival: September 8th - 11th, 2021, DOCK 11 Berlin
// PROFILE //
POOL 21 will present a selection of fascinating dance
film productions from all over the world, making the
event a meeting place for creatives involved in the fields of dance, film, fashion and advertisement.
The focus of the festival is on films that create independent filmchoreographies through the intense interplay between dance and cinematic tools like camera and editing.
// PARTICIPATION //
All dancers, choreographers, filmmakers and artists are
invited to apply with short filmchoreographies and dance animations. Films should not be longer than 30 minutes and not merely a documentation of a dance piece.
// APPLICATION MATERIALS //
Applications can be submitted online.
– Preview link for the jury (can be inserted into the online application form)
* Only if your film is chosen for the programme:
– Screening copy of the film
– Completed and signed online application form scanned to
– 3 digital film stills, minimum 300 dpi
– Optional: biography, video testimonies and other useful information
// PEARLS & ARTIST PRIZE //
The curatorial team of POOL 21 will create a film programme from all submissions, which is presented on the Festival evenings.
The selected films – our PEARLS – are on a par and reflect the diversity of the genre.
POOL supports selected artists with an artist prize, the
PEARLS ARTIST PRIZE.