We mainly focus in the relationship between the three elements of the piece: movement, visuals and sound.
A relationship that isn't just functional, also was very important for us was achieve a common aesthetics between them.
We used interactive technology as a supporting point for the creative process and narrative construction.
First we search which properties of movement we can measure in a very reliable way with the technology
used in this work (video tracking), choosing at the end the following qualities: forces and directions of movement, velocities, accelerations, position and body volume.
After that the visual content was created inspired in each quality and at the same time the dancer starts the choreography development that was mainly inspire by the visual reaction of its own movement. We follow with the the main soundtrack creation and the sound interaction.
During the visual creation i got in mind the following ideas:
- Keep an ethereal quality with an organic and fluid behavior
- Amplify the perception of the dancer movement and interpretated visually.
- Challenge the spatial perception of the audience.
- Emphasizing on the necessity of interaction with movement and sound to manifest the visuals.
- Keep constant interaction and focus the audience attention to the dancer.
- Very fast response to movement and good visual quality.
Please check in the website for more information.