These are the times when we’re learning to live ‘smart’. From Smartphones to Smart Towns, everything is upgraded to the latest trends, effectively and efficiently managed, and geared at benefits-optimisation. And thus, the idea of ‘smart homes’ or ‘automated smart homes’, is no stranger to us either. More and more people in the cities are opting for home automation, and it yields numerous benefits:
- Enables you to check on your home security system from any location: Through door locks that are number-operated, you can ensure the security of your house. Often it so happens that we forget to lock the door after having busily barged out. With automation enabling, we can shut the doors quickly through a simple tap on our Smartphone. Another huge added benefit of this system is the alarm. You can be informed each time somebody tries to break into your home. So all in all, it provides for fool-proof security.
- Helpful in Saving Electricity: The benefits of home automation are not limited to security. It can be of immense help in controlling energy wastage and in turn, global warming. By manually being able to switch your lights on and off, you can save a lot of electricity and prevent the bill from being gigantic. And the best part is that you can either switch them off manually (from your Smartphone or other similar devices) ,or simply time them to be turned off at a particular time.
- Adjust temperature as per your needs: Temperature of a particular room, or of all rooms, can be adjusted from anywhere in the house. Or outside the house as well. Like lighting automation, thermostat automation is extremely useful in saving energy and cost-effective too.
- Saves a lot of money and time overall: The biggest advantage of home automation as seen from the above points is that it is hugely effective in cost-saving in several directions. You can save on the electricity and gas bill by a huge chunk.
- Gives you peace of mind when out of home: This is good for everyone, especially people who tend to worry too much. Home automation helps you not only to operate your home from outside, but also to prevent theft and keep an eye on young children who may be at home alone or under a baby-sitter while you’re out.
- You’re in control even when out of town: This point is pretty much a re-emphasising of the above point. With automation, you can control your home appliances as per your family member needs and requirements. You can set up a time for the maid or housekeeper to come in, or have a friend/neighbour come over and collect things of importance or just casually look around the house, by the virtue of home automation. As they say, more power to you.