We would like to invite dance makers invested in the field of technology to apply for this special residency hosted at Lake Studios Berlin in July 2016.
We are searching for artists who consciously use elements of technology to expand and deepen the choreographic process. We look for work that uses technology to push and transform the body’s performative and choreographic possibilities yet still place the performing body into the foreground of the work. The technological components can, but must not be visible in the finished work.
To apply please submit the following:
- A short artist statement (no more than 200 words) about how you define, perceive and work with the element of technology in your performance work.
- A description (no more than 500 words) of what you would like research and develop during the residency
- Your CV and the CVs of any collaborating artists
- Supporting video and documentation material of current and/or past work
- artists must become members of www.dance-tech.net. (free registration)
We will provide free of charge:
- a private room and access to a shared kitchen, and bathroom in the Lake Studios Complex for one person. A second bed is available in the room.
- 100 hours of Studios space divided between our small and large studios
- Technical equipment: 1 beamer, selected stage lights/light board, sound system and mixer, microphone, sound recorder, video camera to record rehearsals, el. piano.
- the possibility to present first stage of the work for feedback in our performance series Unfinished Fridays on July 15
- a performance opportunity July 29/30 at Uferstudios in Berlin’s city center in the frame of a dance/technology festival organized by Mark Coniglio/TroikaTronix
- 2hrs of coaching by Mark Coniglio (creator of the video programming software Isadora)
- 2hrs of remote online coaching by Marlon Barrios Solano (founder of dance-tech.net)
- The artist will be featured on dance tech.net and have the possibility to blog and post about the work and/or make use of dance-tech live TV channels
The selected resident must provide his/her own transportation and meals.
Lake Studios would like to thank TroikaTronix, maker of Isadora, for their generous financial support of this residency.
Please submit your applications with the subject line “Dance/Tech Residency 2016” by February 25, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will notify all artists of the selection results by March 1, 2016.