The Social Network for Innovators in Motion
Are you a choreographer based in Europe?
Aerowaves is a hub for dance discovery in Europe. Each year the Aerowaves network selects 20 of the most promising emerging choreographers, promotes their work, and creates performance opportunities with Aerowaves' Partners. Apply to Aerowaves and get a chance to have your work programmed by the partners of the network, whether or not you are selected as Aerowaves artists. Around 100 performance opportunities are guaranteed by the partners and supported by Aerowaves each year.
Applications open at 9am on 1 June 2016 and close at midnight on 12 September 2016.
Should you be selected as one of the Aerowaves Twenty, your work will be promoted by Aerowaves via its website for one year by an artist profile, with images, video and calendar all in one place. You may be selected to perform your work at our Spring Forward Festival. We guarantee to programme at least 10 of the current Aerowaves Twenty artists in the festival each year.
• You must be resident in Europe to apply
• You may apply with only one work per year
• The work you are submitting must have been made in geographical Europe
• Your work must be 15-40 minutes in length
• Your work should be easily included in a double or triple bill and have simple technical requirements
• Work by postgraduate students is eligible, but not work by undergraduates
• You must fill in the Aerowaves application form correctly, upload your video to Vimeo, providing us with the link and the password if necessary and send us the original video file by We Transfer
• Previous Aerowaves applicants, successful or unsuccessful, may apply again - but you cannot apply with the same work twice
Should artists be programmed by Aerowaves partners, they will be paid an agreed fee plus travel, accommodation, and per diem.