- For nearly ten years my work and research has increasingly revolved and dealt with the meaning of movement through video art, installations and live performance. I am working on my personal research project called ‘Performance Practice X’ which investigates into the effects of visual stimuli through vision onto body and then through the body onto an emotional level. My interest particularly focuses on how to increase participation and experience of the audience. ‘Performance Practice X’ is split into five key subject that concentrate on:
1. metakinesis (muscular empathy): interactive video installation (e.g. art work ‘Projector Dancers’ using the software G-Vision to create interaction between video and viewer, 2007)
2. kinesphere (body in space): enclosed video installations (e.g. art work ‘FEEL’ re-created womb-like scenario in a cushioned box with built-in loud-speakers and video, 2005)
3. hypnotical movements: future research focus (2009/2010)
4. composition (SHAPE): psychological effects of body geometry (current research focus, 2008)
5. live: direct physical interaction through performance art (e.g. The State of Play performances physically incorporate the audience, 2007)
My research and work constantly inspire each other, professionally and artistically. Each of the five themes of Performance Practice X is re-used in my working practice and blended together. The goal is to create a concise and accessible concept of all five that can be of benefit to the presentation of art and commercial video editing because it supports the understanding and incorporation of the viewer.
more on www.creationeditor.co.uk