for current updates go to meta-academy group
meta-academy is an ongoing research on e-learning for contemporary performance practices
- The affordances of networked environments for collaborative knowledge production as open education strategies focusing on interdisciplinary contemporary performance practices and choreographic knowledge.
- New models of on-line collaborative knowledge creation and e-learning among artists, researchers, art centres, festivals and universities.
- Trans-media and meta-media approaches to expand current research on documentation models and transmission on contemporary choreographic practices.
meta-academy is led by the following intersecting questions:
- What are the specific affordances of the new internet platforms such as social networking, wikis, media aggregations, networked video, live video broadcasting, meta-data and data flows for the instructional design of online learning environments for contemporary performance practices?
- How can we integrate internet native emergent practices and potential new inscriptions of knowledge such as b/vlogging, micro-blogging, remixing, media and data mashups, locative media, video annotations, augmented reality, tagging and meta-tagging, people and conceptual networks visualisation, and collaborative writing curation and co-creation into formal and institutional online learning environments?
- How contemporary contemporary artists can we use the online environment and activities as spaces of artistic research on the performative conditions that are specific of the networked educational space ?
- How can choreographic knowledge and embodiment be understood and designed in the online learning experiences?
meta-academy was conceived by Marlon Barrios Solano with the support of:
Go to our first pilot: meta-academy@bates 2013
Project Leader and on-line facilitator
Marlon Barrios Solano
Creative production and on-line facilitator
Networked collaboration specialist and on-line facilitator