individual human (me), organization of humans (us) many of you
If you are representing an organization, what kind of organization? you may check more than one answer.
Company, Presenter, Festival, Artists Services, Producer, Education, Media
First Name (Required: even if you are representing an organization you must use your name)
Dora Stratou Dance Theatre
About Me (human/individual)/interests, work..short bio/ THis is the most important. It is the only way to know that you are not a SPAMBOT!Be generous!
DORA STRATOU DANCE THEATRE
The living museum of Greek dance, since 1953
A public-benefit institution subsidized by the
Ministry of Culture and the National Tourism Organization
under the auspices of the Municipality of Athens
- Daily performances in the its 900-seat garden theatre, located on Philopappou Hill, opposite the Acropolis.
- A company of 75 professional dancers, musicians and folk singers
- A collection of over 2,000 village-made costumes, with jewels and other works of folk art worn on stage.
- School providing courses, lectures and workshops on folk dance, folk embroidery and folk culture
- Programs for elementary schools
- Field research programs in Dance Ethnography, Dance History, or Sociology.
- Study group, courses and workshops on Ancient Greek dance
- Archives of dance books, articles, field recordings, photographs, videos and films
- A series of 40 LP records, 15 CDs, 15 cassettes, 7 videocassettes, 30 books on dance in Greek, English and other languages, 8 CD-ROMs, 4 DVDs.
- Costume copies and accessories for folk dance ensembles.
- Organizer of the annual events: World Congress on Dance Research, Anapali Festival, Emmelia Festival
- Operation of the Dance Pandect portal: www.dance-pandect.gr
- Close cooperation with the International Dance Council CID, the UNESCO official summit organization for all forms of dance in all countries of the world
House of the Dance, Scholiou 8, Plaka, GR-10558 Athens
Tel. (30) 210 324 4395, 210 324 6188, 210 921 2866, fax (30) 210 324 6921
dance-tech.net provides movement and new media artists, theorist, thinkers and technologists the possibility of sharing work, ideas and research, generating opportunities for knowledge exchange, interdisciplinary explorations, innovations and collaboration.
dance-tech.net is a social networking website connecting people concerned about innovation and experimentation on movement arts and its evolving embodied practices knowledge, stories and histories.