AUTOPSY | EROS
"la petite mort"
Autopsy: (a.) a personal observation
Eros: (n.) the primordial god of sexual love and beauty
Maxim-Jo Beck McGosh, Minna Berglund, Stefanos Bizas, Fabio Liberti
Danish Dance Theatre
A personal observation of desire, beauty, erotic love and “la petite mort”. Ginslov captures authentic emotions and movement with the medium of Screendance, an interdisciplinary genre of dance and cinema. Using the somatic system of Alba Emoting that trains the performer to elicit raw authentic emotions, the focus is on emotional and kinaesthetic amplification. The film emphasizes affect - a viewer’s empathic and visceral response to the performer and camera dancing together in the sumptuous location of the Sofie Badet in Copenhagen.
1) World Premiere 09 November 2011, Fallen from Heaven Season Mini Carl in Dansehallerne Foyer, Copenhagen Denmark
2) Sofie Badet, Valentine’s Evening, 14 February 2012, Copenhagen, Denmark
3) Loikka Dance Film Festival, 22-25 March 2012, Helsinki Finland
4) Magmart International Video Festival, Naples Italy, 2012
5) Agite y Sirva – festival itinerante de videodanza, throughout Mexico 2012
6) IETM - International Network for Contemporary Arts, Copenhagen 28-31 March 2012 at Dansehallerne, Copenhagen, Denmark