grid_lab is a workshop/open space that is deployed within festivals or art events. It is a place for social media production of news and digital memory/storytelling of the event. The grid_lab participants become the production team as they learn with real artists and collaborate as embedded vloggers within the festival. It an excellent opportunity for collaboration between the venue, the local community and other local actors.
- B/Vlogging and micro-blogging and data mashups
- Video excerpts of performances and activities.
- LIVE broadcasts from venues and mobile stations.
- TalkShow with live broadcast with guests from the event
- LIVE conversation with remote guests
- LIVE conections with another relevant events
- Locative/performative actions with QRcodes.
- Public Lecture on social media and arts.
- DanceFilm and documentaries from dance-tech.tv based on the nature of the event in partnership with Dance Films Association (USA) and Cinedans (The Netherlands)
The lab is an open and mobile /working /production space with visible monitors and computational portable devices. 2 LCD screens fill the back wall of a space created with tables and benches.
Special arrangements can be done to broadcast LIVE relevant festival activities: lectures, performances, panel discussions and after performances sessions.
It is a workshop on hybrid storytelling, social media, networked communication and collaborative creativity that takes place in the grid_lab space.
The participants are introduced to the new internet, web 2.0 video production tools and use them to collaborate in the generation and distribution of information and news during the festival or event. They use the grid_lab setting as a space for experimentation on participatory journalism and new social media platforms.
We discuss how technology creates new options of experience and interact interaction with art, culture, economics, knowledge production, and the aesthetics aspects of communication.
The participants become the media production team of event.
- Arts, journalism, new media student and professionals.
- Performing arts practitioners.
- Art management specialists
- Filmmakers and journalists
- Arts marketing, PR and audience development specialist.
May be led in English and Spanish.
An assistant with hight level of new media literacy, knowledge of English and the local language and area is necessary. This person will lead the grid_lab operations after in absence of marlon barrios solano.
- Festival Panorama 2009 and 2011 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- American Realness 2012, January 2012, New York City, USA.
- Beyond 2011/ICKamsterdam, Amsterdam, Holland
- Cinedans 2011, December 2011, Amsterdam, Holland
- NerjaDanza/Danza Malaga, October 2011, Nerja Spain.
- Extra 09, 10 and 11 Festival Annecy, France
- Performance Studies International, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- TEC ART ECO 10/11, Como (Italy) and Lugano (Switzerland)
- Motion Bank Workshop, Forsythe Company, 2011, Frankfurt, Germany
- Algorithmic Reflections of Choreography: From Choreography to Software and Back, April 2011, Zagreb, Croatia
- Palucca Schulle (Summer Program 2010) , Dresden Germany
- EMPAC, Troy, NY, 2010
- Bearnstow, Maine, USA
- Grec/La Caldera 2010, Barcelona, Spain
- NOV_S 2009, Madrid, Spain 2011.
- Earthdance, Mass, USA.
- Picnic, 09, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- CYNETART 09, 10 Dresden, Germany
- European Tele Plateaus 09-10 (Spain, Germany and Czech Republic)
- Amber 10 Festival, Istanbul, Turkey
- CIAŁO/UMYSŁ 10, Warsaw, Poland
- Balkan Dance Platform 09, Novi Sad, Serbia
- PostME_New ID 08, Dresden Germany