Pentacle is currently seeking interns for spring (Feb-May) and summer (June-Aug) to provide administrative and programmatic support for our Movement Media Project.
Located in mid-town Manhattan, Pentacle (DanceWorks, Inc.) has been a fundamental resource for the performing arts community for over 30 years. We provide some the country's most exciting artists with essential administrative services and service the broader performing arts community with innovative projects of local and national impact.
Pentacle's internships in Movement Media provide an opportunity to learn about the emerging genre of dance for screen and be part of a burgeoning interdisciplinary arts movement. Interns will work closely with the project director and other Pentacle staff to help build this project from the ground up.
Internship activities will consist of (but are not limited to):
- Programming and curatorial assistance
- Video documentation and archiving
- Press Release mailings, marketing and communications
- Blogging, web research, and management of online content - Assisting with artist programs and workshops
- Grants research and preparation
- Fundraising and event planning
- General administrative duties
- College or Graduate student with related major and/or interest in contemporary dance and media.
- Good writing and communications skills
- A passion for dance and/or media - Internet savvy
- Knowledge of HTML, video production & editing, and basic graphic design skills are a plus.
These positions are 10-20 hrs/wk and unpaid. Course credit can be arranged
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Please send a cover letter and resume to Director of Movement Media, Anna Brady Nuse at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Pentacle, 246 West 38th Street, 8th Fl, New York, NY 10018.
Please indicate in your cover letter the time period you are available for: spring (Feb-May) or summer (June-Aug).