The Social Network for Innovators in Motion
Time: January 8, 2017 at 7:30pm to May 1, 2017 at 7:30pm
Location: The Peter B. Lewis Theater at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
Street: 1071 5th Ave, New York, NY 10128
City/Town: New York
Website or Map: http://worksandprocess.org/
Event Type: performing, arts
Organized By: Emily
Latest Activity: Dec 6, 2016
December 6, 2016) —Works & Process at the Guggenheim is pleased to announce its spring 2017 season. Since 1984, the performing arts series has championed new works and offered audiences unprecedented access to leading creators and performers. Each intimate, 80-minute performance combines artistic creation with stimulating conversation, and takes place in the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum’s Frank Lloyd Wright–designed, 285-seat Peter B. Lewis Theater. Described by the New York Times as “a popular series devoted to shedding light on the creative process,” Works & Process is produced by founder Mary Sharp Cronson. Additional information about the spring 2017 season is available at worksandprocess.org.
Lead funding for Works & Process is provided by The Florence Gould Foundation and the Christian Humann Foundation with public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.
- Works & Process Rotunda Project commission featuring a percussive soundscape created by MacArthur Fellow, tap dancer, and choreographer Michelle Dorrance
- Santa Fe Opera’s The (R)evolution of Steve Jobs with Mason Bates and Mark Campbell
- Alexei Ratmansky previews The Fairy’s Kiss with Miami City Ballet and Whipped Cream with American Ballet Theatre
- Washington National Opera’s Champion by Terence Blanchard
- Broadway highlights from Come From Away, Oslo with Bartlett Sher, and War Paint with Patti LuPone and Christine Ebersole