Time: July 10, 2012 to July 15, 2012
Location: Roccatederighi, Tuscany, Italy
Website or Map: http://www.patriciabardi.com/…
Phone: +31 6 120 38733
Event Type: summer, workshop, in, voice, dance, &, improvisation
Organized By: Patricia Bardi
Latest Activity: Mar 9, 2012
24th Annual Summer Course
Tuning the Body & Voice
with Patricia Bardi
Voice Movement Integration (VMI Practice) combines voice with movement to stimulate and organize the body's physical, perceptual and emotional awareness.
This workshop centers on training that develops skills connecting voice, movement, physical repatterning and improvisation. These approaches are complementary and use physical awareness and movement as a source for understanding the voice as a whole body experience. These skills are then applied to Vocal Dance and improvisation to enliven and broaden the creative process.
This workshop is of particular interest to actors, singers, dancers, public speakers and anyone interested in enhancing their use of voice.
Classes are taught in English (with an Italian translation) from 10am – 16:00 daily.
• Practicing Active Breath to integrate breathing with movement and sound.
• Engaging the fluidity of weight in the body through vocal resonance and vibration combined with actively moving in space.
• Experiencing the anatomy of the voice as a whole body experience through vocal & physical practices exploring the skeletal, organ & fluid systems.
• Using the voice directly with movement in hands on practice & physical repatterning.
• Developing lively, full expression through voice & movement improvisation structures combining vocal, physical, visual and temporal elements in solo, duet and group work.and the body.
Patricia Bardi is a dance/voice artist, bodywork specialist and registered somatic movement therapist who teaches and performs throughout Europe and the USA. She maintains a private practice working with children and adults in Amsterdam. She is the founder/director of the somatic training program, Vocal Dance & Voice Movement Integration centered in Amsterdam & recognized by ISMETA - the International Somatic Movement Education & Therapy Association. She developed and teaches Organ Rebalancing a professional bodywork training for health practitioners.
Course Fee (excl accommodation) EUR 450
Early Registration (pay before 15 May) EUR 350
Group reservation (min. 3) EUR 350 p.p.
Roccaederighi is a medieval village set in beautiful rural Tuscany, an hour from Siena and near the sea. The timeless beauty of the area, rich in Etruscan & Renaissance art, creates an atmosphere that inspires creative exploration and the widening of our imagination. By direct contact with nature & welcoming people habits brought from city living slowly melt away.
For further information & registration please contact: