Dance-theater company Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama, based in New York City, is seeking a part-time Development and Administrative Associate.
AL/DD’s Development and Administrative Associate supports all development functions to help secure the organization’s overall operations and annual fundraising goals.
AL/DD is seeking a candidate pursuing a career in Arts Administration with a focus in dance who is eager to learn about and support the daily operations of a growing dance company. Position reports to Artistic Director.
- Prepare and submit materials for grants
- Provide accurate and timely research on funding prospects such as grants and corporate sponsorships
- Create press materials, establish and cultivate relationships with presenters
- Represent and promote AL/DD through public relations and communications
- Provide general administrative support to the company directors
- Prior administrative experience in the arts. Arts Administration major.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, reliable, friendly, flexible, and creative with a particular interest in dance
- Ability to effectively manage time and demands of multiple projects
- Strong computer/Internet/research skills
- Understanding of technical and administrative demands of dance production
- English mother-tongue a must. Second language Spanish a plus
Hours and Compensation:
Position is part-time, 12 hours/week, hours are flexible. Pay is $15/hour with possibility of increase after 6 months. This position is ideal for an early-career arts administrator desiring flexibility and looking to acquire knowledge and experience in the dance field.
Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama is thought provoking and historically conscious dance-theater company established in 2006, presenting the work of Argentinean-Italian choreographer Anabella Lenzu. With the objective of developing a cultural, educational and artistic exchange between the United States, Argentina & Italy, AL/DD explores themes of collective memory, individual identity, and social awareness. The repertory is an uncommon blend of modern dance, theater, ballet and ethnographic folk traditions. Lenzu crosses sociopolitical and cultural barriers, promoting dance and art education through teaching and performing. Based in New York City, AL/DD is a nonprofit organization under the IRS approved 501(c)(3) The Field.
Submit a cover letter stating interest and describing experience, along with CV and two recent writing samples (1 page each). Materials should be submitted by email to info@AnabellaLenzu.com, with “Attention: Job Application” in the subject line no later than August 15, 2012.
Please submit contact information for three work-related references (email & phone).
Applicants will be contacted for a personal interview upon receipt of all materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Position must be filled by September 1, 2012.
AL/DD is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.
Visit our website, www.AnabellaLenzu.com to learn more about the company, and feel free to contact info@AnabellaLenzu.com with any questions or concerns.