The Social Network for Innovators in Motion
Escena Contemporanea is now accepting submissions for the 3rd edition of PRISMA, The International Contemporary Dance Festival to take place in Panama City from October 21 to 27, 2014
Deadline for submissions:
Interested companies, dance groups or independent dancers should send their video submissions by February 1, 2014
Send info to: email@example.com
PRISMA is an independent project for the promotion and development of contemporary dance in Panama. The Festival is in its third year. More information on the first editions programming can be found on our website.
The festival also incluyes a strong educational program with free master classes and workshops to create a platform for artists of different nationalities to connect, encouraging bonds between them and strengthening ties among our cultures
Basis for participation:
To be considered, please send the following via email before February1, 2014:
1. A video of the entire work to be presented. We welcome both stage and street /outdoor works
2. Information on the submitted work (choreographer, dancers, interpreters, music, length, technical requirements, etc.)
3. Brief bio of the company, if applicable
4. Resume of choreographer and dancers
-The length of the work must be between 25 and 60 minutes. Be aware that depending on the submissions the possibility exists for works to be presented on the same night.
Each company may submit a maximum of two (2) works for evaluation by the Selection Committee
Process of Evaluation and Response:
- Submissions received will be evaluated by a Selection Committee, and we will communicate its decisions to all participating parties on the first week of March.
The festival will cover the following expenses for the participants:
1- Professional fees **
2- Lodging (3 hotel nights)
3- Per diem for meals and basic expenses for 3 days
4- Internal transportation, from and to airport, and whenever necessary
- The festival will not cover airline tickets but is committed to making strategic alliances with airlines in order to obtain discounts, as well as with the embassies of the represented countries to seek their support for air transportation.
** The monetary compensation provided by the Festival to each company or dance group will be agreed upon beforehand and will be handed out as soon as the performance concludes.
Master Classes and Workshops:
Each selected company or group is requested to teach at least one master class or workshop in the Festival’s available spaces.
Co-Directors & Producers: Analida Galindo and Ximena Eleta de Sierra
Technical Director: José Alexander Morales Carvajal
The International Contemporary Dance Festival of Panama is sponsored by the National Institute of Culture and IBERESCENA.