Time: February 20, 2010 to February 27, 2010
Location: America Theatre
Street: 253 Galiano Ave
City/Town: Centro Habana, Ciudad de La Habana, Cuba
Website or Map: http://www.tedancari.com
Phone: 5411 45830095
Event Type: international, afro-cuban, modern, dance, workshop
Organized By: Marta Bercy
Latest Activity: Oct 13, 2009
14th Workuba 2010 – Havana, Cuba
International Intensive Afro-Cuban and Latin Dance Workshop
February 20 - 27- 2010
Location: America Theatre, Av.Galiano 253, Havana, Cuba.
Workuba brings together the various dances of the Americas that have their roots in traditional African rhythms and dance, and blends these influences with Modern Dance, which the Program considers to be the key elements of the "complete dancer".
Workuba makes the difference! We offer you a unique opportunity to experience modern dance with a latin flavor in a workshop that has as its historical setting Havane City.
Classes to be offered in the Workuba Latin Dance Workshop:
Afro-Cuban Dance / Afro-Brazilian / Rueda & Cuban Salsa / Theatre / Rhythm and Torso Work/ Modern Dance/ Latin Jazz / Training (Beginners) /Tango.
Teachers: Marta Bercy, Johannes Garcia, Cintia Mignone, Marisa Nacimento, Alejandro Piar, Jorge Alfaro.
Class Schedule: Saturday 10am to 6pm / Monday to Friday: 9am to 7pm
Final Performance: February Saturday 27 – 9pm, America Theatre.
* Participants may bring a Choreography (Duration: between 3 and 5), as well as music on CD and costume.
* These will be assessed for presentation, with essays timetables .
* Participants who so desire, may access the Hotel service, provided by the Paradiso Agency, and Total Caribbean Experience.S.A, Havana.
e-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Fees: 250 U$
Registration: Saturday February 20 from 8a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Minimum age: 15 years.
- Audition required for Modern Dance classes: Saturday 20: 10am to 10:45am.
- Interested parties should send e-mail with name and surname.
Reservations and Enrollment Deadline:
- Residents of other countries: January 25, 2010Registration.doc