SYMPOSIUM Thursday April 7, 2016
“Performance Architectures, Wearables and Gestures Of Participation”.
10:00 – 13:00: Tech-in for artist installations.
15:00: Welcome by the Dean of the College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences, Prof. Thomas Betteridge (Brunel University) & Johannes Birringer (DAP-Lab, event organizer).
15:15 – 17:00: Provocations/ Roundtable 1.
- Jaime del Val (Reverso /Coordinator Metabody): Metabody: embodied media and the wars of indeterminacy and control (provocation).
- Larissa Ferreira (University of Brasilia, Brasil): Body mixed media: tactics to perform together (provocation).
- Laura Potrovic: From choreo-singularity to choreo-anatomy: dancing the body-score of Becoming (provocation).
- Mostafa Yarmahmoudi (Iran): E-Motion Capture & Spirituality in a technological age (provocation).
- Salud López (Spain): The perception of imperceptible (provocation).
- Janice Jones (Arts Education, University of Southern Queensland): 13 Moons: A Story of Ashes, Blood, Light (provocation).
17:00: Workshop (limited space):
- Caroline Yan Zheng (Royal College of Art, London): Workshop with soft robotic material in the choreography of emotion (a hands-on lab with smart materials the movement of which is triggered by emotion sensors).
18:00– 19:00: Food break.
19:00– 21:30: Roundtable 2 / Performance Installations and Demonstrations.
- Federico Visi (Interdisciplinary Centre for Computer Music Research (ICCMR) Plymouth University: Tuned Constraint (Performance).
- Javier Aparicio Frago (Communicaion Science and Arts Department of Rey Juan Carlos University, Madrid. Spain) / Javi F Gorostiza (Systems Engineering and Automation Department, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid Spain): Managing Complexity between Real-Time Music Composition and Body Events in a Synesthetic Dance Performance through Wearable Computing (Presentation and Installation).
- Maria Kapsali (University of Leeds)/ Simon East (Curvor Ltd): Soundflux: producing soundscapes through movement (participatory installation/workshop).
- Paula Aida Guzzanti Ferrer (Queen’s University Belfast), with Martin Devek and Tristan Clutterbuck (Belfast): I-Reflexes (performance).
- Laura Potrovic (University of Paris 3 – Sorbonne Nouvelle and Faculty of Philosophy – University of Zagreb): BodyScapes (performance).