The Social Network for Innovators in Motion
Technology, the Body, and Choreography
Free residency at Lake Studios Berlin sponsored by TroikaTronix – Mark Coniglio
We invite dance makers invested in the field of technology to apply for this special 4 - 6 week residency hosted at Lake Studios Berlin between July 1 – August 12 2017. We are searching for artists who consciously use elements of technology to affect the choreographic process and performance. We look for work that uses technology to expand or intervene in the body’s performative and choreographic possibilities while keeping the human body in the foreground of the work. The role of the technology should be integral to the choreographic expression: it should connect, organize or disrupt the body or bodies aesthetically, socially, or politically.
To apply please submit the following:
- An artist statement (no more than 200 words) about how you define, perceive and work with the element of technology in your performance work.
- A description (no more than 500 words) of what you would like research and develop during the residency
- Your CV and the CVs of any collaborating artists
- Supporting video and documentation material of current and/or past work
We will provide:
- a private room and access to a shared kitchen, and bathroom in the Lake Studios Complex for one person. A second bed is available in the room.
- 125 hours of studio space divided between our small and large studios
- Technical equipment: 2 beamers, selected stage lights/light board, sound system and mixer, microphone, sound recorder, video camera to record rehearsals, etc.
- A presentation of the first stage of the work for feedback in our performance series Unfinished Fridays on July 21
- a performance opportunity between August 9 - 12 at Berlin’s Uferstudios in the frame of the Isadora Werkstatt
- a workshop festival organized by Mark Coniglio/TroikaTronix
- 2 hours of coaching by Mark Coniglio (creator of the media programming software Isadora)
- 50€/ week stipend The selected resident must provide his/her own transportation and meals. Lake Studios would like to thank TroikaTronix, maker of Isadora, for their generous financial support of this residency.
Please submit your applications with the subject line “Dance/Tech Residency 2017” by March 5, 2017 to email@example.com
We will notify all artists of the selection results by March 12, 2017
more info: www.lakestudiosberlin.com