June 28-July 26, Performances July 25 at 8pm & July 26 at 3pm
Download the application by copy/pasting following address: http://www.dnadance.org/site/page-02permanent-classespermanent-classes/nydi-2/
Entering its twenty-first year, the New York Summer Dance Intensive is a four-week workshop that centers on modern and contemporary technique, with an emphasis on performance skills. The program provides daily technique classes with fellow participants; unlimited classes from the current DNA schedule; and culminates in a fully produced performance of original choreography by the Intensive’s faculty.
NYSDI offers dancers the opportunity to study and perform at Dance New Amsterdam, one of New York City’s largest and most highly respected dance schools, known for its emphasis on injury-prevention in a supportive, yet challenging, environment.
Each year, the Intensive’s Faculty is selected for their excellence as dancers and their integrity as teachers.
Since its inception, the New York Summer Dance Intensive has grown in popularity and acclaim with participating students from all over the world. The 2009 Summer Intensive will have openings for 36 students at the Intermediate/ Advanced level. Workshop participants will be selected by audition to work with one choreographer on a piece of original choreography to be performed at the end of the Intensive. Each dancer will also be encouraged to create his or her own ideal program throughout the Intensive according to individual need, training and stamina.
* Modern and contemporary repertory training and specialized classes with the Intensive’s faculty
* Unlimited daily technique classes in ballet, modern, modern jazz, Simonson Technique (modern/jazz), hip hop, yoga, Middle Eastern/belly dance, Argentine Tango, Zena Rommett Floor-barre Technique® and Thai Massage
* Special workshop classes stemming from DNA’s philosophy of educating dancers to maintain healthy, injury-free bodies (e.g. Physical Therapy, Alexander Technique, Pilates, Thai Massage and more)
* Four to five repertory rehearsals per week with one of the NYSDI choreographers
* The opportunity to perform in a fully-produced concert in DNA’s 130-seat theater