The Social Network for Innovators in Motion
Time: October 29, 2016 at 8pm to May 6, 2017 at 8pm
Location: Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts
Street: 2900 Campus Road
Website or Map: http://www.brooklyncenter.org/
Event Type: season, announcement
Organized By: Emily
Latest Activity: Sep 20, 2016
Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts
announces its 2016-17 season
Featured performances include Argentinian tango company Estampas Porteñas,
Emmy nominee Tony Danza, Grammy winner Patti Austin, the much-anticipated return of
the National Dance Theatre Company of Jamaica, and more!
Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts at Brooklyn College announces its 2016-17 season of music, dance, theater, and family programming, reflecting the multicultural diversity of Brooklyn. Hailing from Argentina, Haiti, Jamaica, China, Cuba, and across the United States, the award-winning artists include both Brooklyn Center premieres and returning favorites. Most performances will be held in Walt Whitman Theatre on the campus of Brooklyn College; select performances will take place at the Kumble Theater at LIU Brooklyn.
“We are excited to continue to reflect our borough’s ever-changing diversity through our upcoming 2016-17 season,” says Jon Yanofsky, the Director of Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts. “From Afro-Cuban jazz and The Great American Songbook to Argentine tango and step dancing, the 62nd season at Brooklyn Center brings artists from all over the country and the world to Brooklyn for another year of incredible music, breathtaking international dance, and innovative family performances.”
Tickets for Brooklyn Center’s 2016-17 season are currently on sale and can be purchased at BrooklynCenter.org or by calling the box office at 718-951-4500 (Tue-Sat, 1pm-6pm).
Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts’ 2016-17 season includes:
• Black Violin
• Buenos Aires Tango: Stories of Longing and Desire
• Tony Danza: Standards & Stories
• Dance Theatre in Westchester’s The Colonial Nutcracker
• Nai-Ni Chen Dance Company’s Lunar New Year Celebration – Year of the Rooster
• Treehouse Shakers’ Coyote’s Dance
• Dr. Lonnie Smith Trio
• Emeline Michel
• National Dance Theatre Company of Jamaica
• Step Afrika!
• Patti Austin: Happy 100th, Ella!
• Dallas Children’s Theatre’s Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters: An African Tale
• Tenth Annual National Grid Earth Day Celebration
• The Golden Dragon Acrobats
• Yosvany Terry Afro-Cuban Sextet